Whenever there is a crime involved and one person has been accused, he or she might have two endings: plead guilty or go to trial. But before proceeding to trial or something more, the accused can get help from a 24 hour bail bonds company. In this case, considering whether the accused is innocent is really an important thing and substantial.
Now, let’s discuss what are the good things and consequences of pleading guilty:
- When the accused pleads guilty, he or she is confronting the case head-on, meaning he or she will be able to resolve the case more quickly than if he or she waited a year or more for a criminal trial.
- The expense for the lawyer is generally less when the lawyer does not have to go to trial. An average lawyer fee in Denver, Colorado costs $200 per hour but before everything worsens you might want to avail Denver jail bond.
- Plea bargaining is when the criminal defense lawyer and the prosecutor reach an agreement as to the sentence that the defendant should receive. Sometimes, in exchange for pleading guilty, the criminal defendant may receive a lighter sentence or have charges reduced.
- It avoids the uncertainty of a trial as the juries can be predictable. Many things might happen during trial, like the prosecutor may uncover new and additional evidence that can make the defendant be convicted of the crime. Trials are very public, and pleading guilty avoids most media attention and does not subject the family to unwanted attention in the same way that a trial would.
- Accepting a plea agreement means accepting a conviction that the prosecution may not have been able to otherwise acquire based on its own case. This means that sometimes when a prosecutor offers a plea agreement, it is because he or she realizes that there are certain problems with the state’s case. Examples are that there may not be credible witnesses, and forensic evidence may not be convincing or the defendant may appear sympathetic.
- Most of the time when the accused agrees to plead guilty, he or she may feel a sense of vindication. In some cases, this individual makes this decision because he or she was actually guilty of a crime but in others, the individual makes the decision because he or she fears being found guilty or the likely consequences of that conviction. Once an individual pleads guilty, he or she cannot later go back and tell employers or others that he or she didn’t commit the crime because the conviction says otherwise.
- Pleading guilty also means that you are accepting to have a blemish on your record, possibly for the rest of your life. You may not be able to erase it. Even if you have it erased, there may be certain individuals who may still be able to access this information. And therefore your decision can foreseeably follow you around for the rest of your life.
Deciding whether to plead guilty or not can change an individual’s life forever. And the best people to talk to about this are the lawyers but before going to them there is a 24 hour bail bonds company that are experts in Denver jail bond which can help you along the way.
If you need a bonds company, Red’s Anytime Bail Bonds is available 24 hours. Cann us now at 303-623-2245-BAIL.